Tuesday, June 29, 2004

4. Sangha Night

This is our second Tuesday without Vajramati. Andrew lead the chanting and rang the bells for the meditation. We did metta bahavana. I wormed around, my foot fell asleep. I broke position twice. I had a fairly deep meditation considering or maybe it just felt deep and useful because I've taken a few days off. First time in a long time I've gone 2 days in a row. I need to recommit to it, the willpower it takes. Somehow it's been easy for the past 2 years, until William came along.

I printed out a sutta to discuss, but I read it just before, and it wasn't that great. So Alyssa talked about the 15 qualities to get calm, from the Ayya Kehma book we're reading in Mitra studies. The got the conversation going. Faye talked a lot to Alyssa. Andrew and Bridget piped in occasionally. We bolted afterwards. I'll see Andrew Thursday.

No comments: