Sunday, March 03, 2013

Life is Fragile

Holly Cow! A sink hole can just open up and swallow you, and it's so dangerous, nobody wants to try and fish you out.

I remember many years ago houses exploded because they were built on a land fill. They learned to put methane pipes into the ground to drain off the pressure, but what a way to go. I remember that town in Wisconsin that was just wiped out in the 80's. Hurricanes, volcanoes, tornadoes, terrorism, random violence, land fill explosions and now sink holes!

We know we're going to die, but we don't know when. There's no time like the present to put our house in order.

The Bardo Thodol has some suggestions for Tibetan Buddhists, especially Nyingma Tradition. I wondered how they knew what would happen, but without getting too much into belief that is experience far from me, I do think the Bardo Thodol is an interesting exploration of what spiritually could happen.

I wonder, how do I want my death to go down, if it's not snuffed out in some kind of random way. In chess you can focus on openings, middle game strategy and end games. What is my end game in life?

I've been thinking about the 4 sights lately.

No comments: