Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Love


Here is a short video about this book by the author so you can get a brief sense of her.

I've noticed "felt sense" being used a lot amongst Buddhists. I read that phrase first in Eugene Gendlin's book Focusing.

Lama Palden Drolma in 1987 she founded Sukhasiddhi Foundation in the SF Bay Area (Fairfax is north of San Francisco), a Tibetan Buddhist center in the Shangpa and Kagyu lineages. Her teachers were Kalu Rinpoche, HH Karmapa the 16th, Jamgon Kongtrul, Tai Situpa, Bokar Rinpoche, Dezchung Rinpoche, Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso Rinpoche, HH Dudjom Rinpoche, and the Dalai Lama.

One thing I like about this book is that she talked about how others suffering can enter our body and reside there if not processed. By inviting suffering in and metabolizing it, the negative energy is diffused. You visualize a vajra which is the indestructible absorber of suffering smoke.

I'd imagined a lint filter, that you had to keep cleaning out, but I like the vajra much better. I have a vajra on my shrine. I keep seeing Dr. Farnsworth saying, it's dolomite baby.

I like the way she writes and there are many different versions of how to do the meditation of tonglen, even for the non-Buddhist in this small book. 

No comments: