Friday, June 05, 2020

5 heaps meditation



Rupa is body so I do a mindfulness of the body and body scan.

Then I do the 4 elements: Earth, water, fire, air. Outside of me, move into me, pass out of me. They are not me, they are not mine. I've done a fair amount of 6 element meditation on retreat, some at home, so that comes fairly naturally.

Feelings. What is the current feeling tone? What have been some sharp emotions I've had. Reflect a little on how I push away unpleasant things, and pull towards me pleasant things. Think about how I need patience and to act in my own interest sometimes. Cry if I need to. They come into me, they flow out of me, they are not me, they are not mine.

Perceptions: what have I seen, heard, felt, tasted and smelled recently. I think about how I seek out my favorites, push away the unpleasant. I think about perception consciousness. They come into me, they flow out of me, they are not me, they are not mine.

Volition: I think about how much I want to meditate, be kind, be sober. What are my deepest wishes. Sober is the ground. What am I doing to remain sober? Why do I want to do things? Observe what triggers sweeping up. I think about volition in general. I see people with intention. There is intention outside of me. There is intention inside of me. It flows out of me. It is not me, it is not mine.

Consciousness is the 6th element in the 6 element so I'm on familiar ground here. I think about mimetic theory, memes come into me, memes are inside me, memes leave me. They are not me, they are not mine.

Then I do pure awareness, and watch my consciousness to finish out the time.

That's what makes sense to me, but I'm open to suggestions, please comment. I'll be looking more into skandha meditation.

No comments: