Friday, October 30, 2020

Ten precepts combined negative and positive.



1. Abstention from killing of living beings. With deeds of loving-kindness I purify my body.

2. Abstention from taking the non-given. With open-handed generosity I purify my body.

3. Abstention from sexual misconduct. With simplicity, stillness and contentment, I purify my body.

4. Abstention from false speech. With truthful communication I purify my speech.

5. Abstention from harsh speech. With words kindly and gracious I purify my speech

6. Abstention from frivolous speech. With utterances helpful, I purify my speech.

7. Abstention from slanderous speech. With utterances harmonious, I purify my speech.

8. Abstention from covetousness. Abandoning covetousness for tranquility I purify my mind.

9. Abstention from hatred. Changing hatred into compassion, I purify my mind.

10. Abstention from false views. Transforming ignorance into wisdom I purify my mind.

No comments: