Friday, March 10, 2006

Hundred Verses

I'm trying to increase my time meditating. I went for 50 minutes this morning.

I've greatly enjoyed The Hundred Verses of Advice. Quite inspiring. I've been reading Batchelor's The Awakening of the West. History is sort of secondary, but important anyway. One book triggers more books, there's so much to read, and I love reading, but for me reading is all about motivation about meditating. Meditate meditate meditate!

I continue to listen to free podcasts of the dharma, and enjoy reading the Jalaka reporting in of other GFR mitras.

When Eric goes, William is back into his room, and Andrew begins to go from cradle to crib, and perhaps I can meditate in front of my shrine and not be a nomad in my own house. I enjoy chanting the refuges and precepts from my recently acquired puja book.

We're reconnecting this Saturday with the mitras after 3 weeks. I look forward to it.

No comments: