Monday, February 16, 2009

only 81%

Supposedly 81% of Buddhist believe in evolution?! So what if they are the most to believe in it of all the religions in America. What do the other 19% believe in?! Buddhism is a non-theistic religion.

I was riding the subway reading my Dharma. There are 12 seats between the doors in my section of the car. Of those 12 people 2 were reading the Bible, one wear reading (aloud) a Jewish book, and the woman next to me was reading a Christian tract. Who knows who was chanting a mantra in their head, or silent prayers, or imagery. I see a lot of people studying, but it struck me, that the subway is a good time for spiritual matters. Mostly I read enjoyable novels to pass the time well.

No comments: