Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Grief

 


I lost a high school friend and I'm wanting to explore grief. Many people I know have grief of the early loss of a love one as a big stamp on their psyche. I have a lot of friends who have worked with grief through volunteering at a hospice, to leading grief groups.

The forward is encouraging, it talks about normalizing grief, not pretending there is some magical way of transcending it that you aren't trying hard enough to get. It accepts the diversity of grief reactions. 

This book is published during the Covid pandemic, and acknowledges the loss of the pandemic. They mention the river of woe.

The Day of the Dead is coming up, a hispanic tradition of remembering those who have passed. I suppose every day is a.day of the dead, as I think about people who are gone.

It's hard not to see my life as a series of loss. I remember when I lost this person who was important to me. 

A Rumi book I read that suggested the great loss is also an indicator of what was great and important. 

I have lost a lot of Buddhist friends. The authors of this book are Buddhist meditators. 

I am grateful this little book came into my life.


Links to YouTube and author



Disenfranchised or Invisible Grief of a Mentally Ill Child: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlrqlBisaKA

No comments: