Sunday, January 01, 2006

31. www.buddhistrecovery.com

I'm not usually in the business of plugging others web sites, mostly because I fear nobody reads this blog. But I met Paul yesterday and he's a wonderful fellow. I consider him a new friend from down under, and he has a wonderful web site, which he pays for, and does quite a lot of work for, reading books on buddhism and recovery from substance abuse. If you buy a book through his web site, you might perhaps support his web site. He hopes to make it self sufficient at some point. I see this as a wonderful and useful example of doing something for other people, that helps one's own practice. Paul reports he went to a book store on recovery, and they only had 2 of the 25 books he's reviewed. The book store owner will hence forth use his web site to help create a buddhism and recovery section. Sadhu to Paul and his web partner!

http://www.buddhistrecovery.com/

2 comments:

Jayarava said...

Hi Stephen,

Well I read your blog - occasionally. Did you see I ran your NYCBC affected by transit strike story on FWBO News? I've seen Paul's site and also thought it was good - think I might do a profile on it.

Bodhi said...

G'day Stephen,

Thanks for the write up and kind words about our site, www.buddhistrecovery.com. Paul shared recently with our fellow GFR Mitra's here in Sydney how much he enjoyed meeting you, so I thought I would drop by your website for a visit.

With Metta,

Michael
Sydney, Australia