Sunday, November 20, 2011

Final thoughts on Philip Glass' Satyagraha

Thinking about it the production was amazing. It's cool to see Philip Glass getting his due.

A few of my friends haven't seen the movie Gandhi. When I was in high school, my parents were threatening to move from Madison Wisconsin, to Minneapolis Minnesota. I didn't want to leave my friends for senior year. So having seen Gandhi, I did a hunger strike. I only had to not eat for a day and they conceded.

I asked my stepfather if he'd regretted that, and he said no, it was about the same job and it probably wasn't a big deal not to take it.

I really want to go to India and connect with my Buddhist brethren. My heart goes out to the Dalits who converted with Ambedkar to Buddhism. Seeing all the singers in saris made me think that.

No comments: