Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shattering


Hurricane Sandy came to NYC. I live away from the coast, so the worst of it was trees down. I've got a million shots of trees down. Lives have been lost, many people have had their worlds turned upside down. The marathon was canceled. The marathon wasn't canceled after 9/11.

I'm shattered, I've experienced an unnatural disaster of my own creation, that has totally mortified me, and sent me into a terrible depression and self loathing.  I'm trying to rebuild, so I like to see stories of rebuilding, recovery, redemption and second chances.  A chance to be more resilient, a chance to grow in unexpected ways.

I had a dream I was a logger.  Seeing so many trees down is disturbing to me.  A few weeks ago I witness a kind of Lorax machine taking down trees, to put a house where one did not exist before.  The friend I was with was fascinated, but I was disgusted.  I find all the tree loss disturbing, and that's just the tip of the iceberg for the damage of Hurricane Sandy.

No comments: