Monday, November 28, 2022

Musk disrespect?

 


I’ll tell you one thing, he doesn’t keep the precepts. But a voice in my head tells me to focus on myself and not worry about others.

The vajra is something that Buddhism and Hinduism use, so it's not exclusively a Buddhist symbols.

“I once talked to a fellow Singaporean in a Thai Buddhist temple who was trying to be a monk. Apparently he had been involved in gangs and petty crime and didn't feel good about his life. He told me he wasn't very smart, so his mentor gave him a point system towards achieving nirvana - something like 1 point a day, -10 points for consuming meat, -5 for killing a living thing, etc. I thought this was a pretty silly way to try to achieve something as complex and abstract as spiritual enlightenment, but I guess for some people life really needs to be spelled out in concrete terms.“ Reddit

Reddit discussion of this photo. He might have learned about the vajra from a video game (Call of Duty Zombies). Of course Buddhists and Hindus are can be upset that Hitler co-oped the swastika (a reversed version).

last updated 11/29/22

No comments: