Thursday, May 30, 2024

Analayo anapanasati lead through



Unfortunately there are ads in these YouTube audio meditation lead throughs, so you have to be alert to click off after 5 seconds. And they don't naturally cue up the next one, so you can see the next one on the right top after the ad video.


My mind gets into mental grooves, and I'm not sure they are always striving the hardest, so an option for me is to listen to someone else's lead through on meditation. I don't really like lead throughs of meditation but you can choose some masters from whom you will accept a meditation follow through. I'm choosing Analayo today.


These audios are from Barre Center for Buddhist Studies YouTube.


One (14 minutes)--I feel like you can skip this one because he starts again in the next one. Some people don't like to miss anything, so it's fine to not skip either. 

Two (28 minutes) It's interesting to see the similarity with previous one. First tetrad. Calming bodily activity. There's a beautiful condor image floating on the winds.

Three (25 minutes) At one point, he talks about a mother watching children at the park without joining in.

The second tetrad tripped me up a little, I was perplexed by "calming mental formations". This is a good run through of what to do. What is different than the mind tetrad? I see it as emotion based thinking.

Four (24 minutes) Zooms through first 2 tetrads, and focuses on the mind tetrad.

Five (28 minutes)

Six (28 minutes)



Green Tara Meditating" Art Board Print for Sale by mariakallin ...


I'm interested in his Satipaṭṭhāna meditations:

Anatomy

Elements

Death

Feeling

Mind

Hindrances

Awakening



Just Sitting As Part of the System of Meditation by Subhuti on Free Buddhist Audio.

No comments: