Thursday, August 05, 2021

The vanity of death entirely left me



Has anyone felt the vanity of life entirely leave them? That's pretty intense. I feel like looking at death isn't easy. I'm not sure what to make of something like that, it seems experience far. I suppose that just proves once again I'm not close. This happened to the Buddha before he was enlightened, before he went off on his 6 year quest. What do you make of it? Is it something one can get to through reflection? Meditation? 

There is a part of me that wishes to survive, a survival instinct, that rebels against not existing. I can intellectually understand that the cycle of life means I will eventually die. I have read a lot of books on the subject of death and dying to try and understand. Maybe I understand that I will not live forever. I'm not sure if the vanity of life has left me. 

No comments: