Tuesday, July 04, 2023

168th Anniversary of publication of Leaves of Grass

 “I accept Time absolutely.

It alone is without flaw,

It alone rounds and completes all,

That mystic baffling wonder.”


“I celebrate myself, and sing myself,

And what I assume you shall assume,

For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.”


“Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me?

And why should I not speak to you?”



“This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless,

Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson done,

Thee fully forth emerging, silent, gazing, pondering the themes thou lovest best.

Night, sleep, and the stars.”


“I will sleep no more but arise, You oceans that have been calm within me! how I feel you, fathomless, stirring, preparing unprecedented waves and storms.”


“I am large, I contain multitudes”


“Do anything, but let it produce joy.”

No comments: