Thursday, September 10, 2020

god is love?



"Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" by Yuval Noah Harari:

"According to the New Testament, shortly before the crucifixion a woman anointed Christ with precious oil worth 300 denarii. Jesus’ disciples scolded the woman for wasting such a huge sum of money instead of giving it to the poor, but Jesus defended her, saying that ‘The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me’ (Mark 14: 7)."

I've read that god is love stuff was put in later to balance out the eye for an eye stuff. Of course you can choose to follow whatever god you want. If I had to, it would be god of love. It's Amitabha in Buddhism.

My most popular post on Reddit turns out to be a quote from Harari.

I quote him a fair amount on my other main blog.

No comments: