Saturday, June 05, 2021

I got plenty of nothing, and nothing is plenty for me

I'm watching Porgy and Bess today on the Met Opera site today. I'm also thinking about how many things I've thrown out trying to Konmari my home. From my perspective of poverty, I live in a society obsessed with buying objects that can't make you happy. 

I don't agree that there's no use complaining. I know that's what people say, and it's not the preferred mode of socializing. But it is pre-problem solving, problem identification. Sometimes there's no easy solution and we come back to the problem looking for solutions but there just aren't any. I guess that's the wisdom in phrase--we've gone over this, and there are no easy solutions. Accepting things as they are is important, spinning your wheels wastes energy. But it can be a door to the larger questions.

No comments: