Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Speak Your Mind

I saw Brandi Carlile won a Emmy for her song Speak Your Mind (Spotify). I just listened to it. Its from We The People song about The First Amendment on Netflix (Wikipedia). I hadn't watched it, but I'm watching it now. It came out in 2021. Lots of different artists. 

She suggests perhaps love over hate. People sometimes think rights are absolute or can justify bad things, but there are limits. 

That got me thinking about the democracy of Blogger, blogging your experience. It's quite overwhelming when everyone has a voice, lots of people want you to toe the line, want everyone pulling on the oars of their choosing.

It's messy and annoying and often time quite disappointing and challenging, this cacophony of voice. It's in your best interest to mostly ignore social media. And yet, it's glorious. 



I stumbled on a long article by a North Korean author, how they try to make everything one message there. That's a kind of opposite to the freedom of speech. 

No comments: