Friday, May 01, 2020

Midnight Gospel quote


quote from Midnight Gospel on spiritual practice

episode 5 Midnight Gospel by Jason Louv:

"Any spiritual practice that's, like, trying to get to something... 'I'm going to become more spiritual. I am going to become more loving. And I'm going to make some change. I'm getting points, somehow. I'm changing.' The Buddhist perspective is 'Dude, you're grinding in World of Warcraft. Why? Step the fuck away from the computer. Wake up. It's just a game. You're fucking grinding in World of Warcraft. You're trying all these spiritual practices, you're trying to add experience points to a character that doesn't fucking exist. You forgot that you're playing a game. You're dehydrated. Drink some water. You've been playing this game for 20 hours straight to the point you forgot it's a game.'"

No comments: