Saturday, January 23, 2021

On the mend

My symptoms are decreasing after 9 days. 

I think it might have been a mistake to take nyquil because it has alcohol in it. 

I'm still tired, congested, short of breath, but I never got the lost of taste or smell. My headache was in part due to quitting coffee. I went 3 days without coffee, and I'm back on a cup when I wake up.

Glad I had a pulse oximeter so I would know if I needed to go to the hospital.

Thank you to the city for offering a hotel room, offering to run errands outside so I didn't have to break quarantine. I used none of those services, but if I'd needed them they would have meant a lot to me.

I forgot to wash my hands before I pet the cat. Opse. Hope Ella doesn't get it. Apparently you can give Covid to your cat. Be careful and mindful. One little slip of mindfulness could mean another's death.

I've been outside to move my car, and to put out the trash, but I didn't go near anyone.

I'm not some dope drinking a bottle of water to prove that I've survived it, that it wasn't deadly to me. I didn't get any drugs to speed my recovery, I didn't get any high tech medical care unavailable to the masses. Just texts from a city monitoring my progress. I did have the support of a loving family. Thank you.

Back to Buddhism. Buddhism lost another teacher in Joanne Friday

May all beings be happy may all beings be well.

No comments: