Tuesday, March 16, 2021

KonMari question

I'm just starting the KonMari book. I love books, walls of books, books like tumbleweed. But each individual book, I like the idea and potential, but say Jai Bhim!, the execution wasn't so great. First off it was written by a British fellow and everyone knows you're going to have to have an American trumpet the Dalit Buddhist movement in India. I know the author and like him, even though we've drifted away. Does the book really give me joy? It suggests another book to me, and that gives me joy. The actual book, not so much. I guess you can see I'm fighting getting rid of each book because there is a story behind it, and it's quasi-rare, there are not a lot of books about the Dalit Buddhist movement in India. But does that give me joy? The fight for justice does give me joy. These are a lot of ideas that won't be gone if the book is gone.

The responses point out that the joy comes from reading, not so much from the objects, and there's no storage for the idea of the Dalit Buddhist movement in India and social justice.

I also realized I have a memoir of a Dalit woman. I couldn't get through the book, but I love the idea.

No comments: