Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Photo essay



 Took 2k years to get to the USA through early Chinese immigrants, hardly been in N. America for 500 years.



















I love that poem about friendship and learning about other people. I watched Dickinson recently, all 20 episodes of this new show, and really enjoyed it. I'm also reading her poems. It's quite a good book to take to the park because often her poems aren't this long. I need to mind my daughter at the park and a short poem is perfect for such activity. It's also a good going to the bathroom book. I used to read Shakespeare's sonnets in the bathroom, but more and more I'm taking my Emily Dickinson. 





Love the alms round bowl. Not sure how many statues I've seen of a Buddhist with a bowl. I'm not sure who this is supposed to represent.






















He didn't have to teach, but he chose to. Just a regular bloke teaching to whoever would listen.





























This last one can be quite offensive, because he represents lack of integrity, truthfulness, meanness and the opposite of kindness. The media speculates that he's responsible for 40% of the deaths due to Covid, then that's over 200K dead.

But as a thought experiment, he's got a kind of momentum, but do you think he could turn it to enlightenment? Sure, why not. Could he spend his remaining years using that wisdom to be a force of good? I think he could. While people have grooves, and personalities, and karmic momentum, they could also see the light, come to Buddha, have a spiritual awakening, work towards a kind of secular redemption. It's never too late.

How likely is it? Hard to say.

I bet my cousin he dies without going to prison, and my cousin bet he goes to prison before he dies. The court of law is one place he can't lie, and that's why so many of his electoral lawsuits were thrown out of court. He's not going to fare well in court, but I don't think he looks healthy and I think he's going to die soon. Can you imagine him with a walker, trying to look pathetic like Weinstein did when he was going to court?

Here is the article about the rupa. $150 for a small, $610 for a large. Here is another rupa for sale, that is similar but different.

No comments: