Tuesday, September 19, 2023

meditation apps



I have an iPhone so this relates to that.

I renounce Insight Timer because for the second time they've broken it, in an attempt to get me to rebuy something I've already bought. 

I like it that I can hear a friend chant a mantra, and there's a lot of good teaching on the app, but breaking it once, I can forgive, breaking it a second time in an attempt to squeeze more money out of me, no thank you. I've got a streak of meditation going there, that is gone now. It already deleted my data once, and I kept using it, so that's on me. I liked seeing other people meditating, but honestly, it's not a real connection. I'm not going to delete the app. I'm just not going to use it any more to time my meditations. My experience is they broke it twice in an attempt to get more money, and lost my data once. 

I tried Meditation Time 2.0 today. On my home screen it says Meditation. I was pleasantly surprised to find my stats. We'll see how that evolves. The only downside is that it doesn't connect to health app.

Simple Meditation Timer was another one I tried. On my home screen it says Simple Timer. It's simple, goes by minutes, not interval bells. I guess it's better than the free one on my phone because that one has seconds that fly past fast and that's distracting. This one connects to the health app.


No comments: